Cancer Exercise Specialist 13th Edition Just Released!
Interested in the Cancer Exercise Specialist Live Virtual Course Training which starts March 2/2021? Click Here for More Details…..
What is Cancer Exercise?
Cancer Exercise is an exercise program that takes into consideration the limitations of the client’s abilities in their current state due to their disease status, treatment or surgery and their potential side effects, other underlying conditions, and their potential to develop lymphedema.
Did you know that Cancer Exercise Helps With:
Millions are diagnosed with
cancer and chronic health issues every year
As a health and fitness professional, you can fill an immense need by helping those at high risk with preventative exercise and by improving health during and after medical treatment
Currently there is a severe lack of Health and Fitness Professionals who have the expertise required to support cancer patients and survivors. With over 27 million cancer survivors world wide, including 2.3 million in Canada and nearly 17 million in the US, there is a growing need to have more Trainers who can provide a knowledgeable and customized approach to work with these clients who are increasingly aware of the benefits of exercise and are seeking support.
As a Cancer Exercise Specialist, You Will Have the Knowledge and Skillset to Become That Go to Resource!!
A Safe Customized & Effective Exercise Program
Helps Clients to Experience….
Less: Depression, Anxiety, Pain, Injury, Fatigue and Disease Recurrence and
Better: Coping, Strength, Energy, Endurance, Mobility, Sleep Quality, Ease in Activities of Daily Living, Plus More Functional Movement, Range of Motion, Posture and Balance
What is the Cancer Exercise Specialist Qualification?
The Cancer Exercise Specialist® Advanced Qualification was developed for health and fitness professionals seeking to attain a higher level of mastery and work with cancer patients during treatment, after cancer surgery, and into survivorship.
Participants will gain a complete understanding of the entire cancer process from diagnosis, treatment, reconstruction/surgery and survivorship.
Our unique and individualized programming will help to improve the patient’s ability to cope with the mental and physical stress following cancer diagnosis and treatment.
How does the Cancer Exercise Specialist Qualification differ from other programs?
- We are the ONLY organization that emphasizes INDIVIDUALIZED programming. No two cancer patients are the same and their exercise program should be as individual as they are
- Invaluable training and experience in assessment protocol, including goniometry to measure joint ROM, postural assessments and girth measurements to monitor for lymphedema.
- Ability to ask questions and have them answered in person, through email, phone, and blog.
- Workshop/Webinar attendees receive specialized training along with the Four-module Cancer Exercise Specialist Handbook
- Home study participants will gain access to four online handbooks and four online video modules. Hard-copy handbooks may be ordered for an additional charge.
Its the #1 Program That Will Get You Started as a Cancer Exercise Specialist!
MODULE 1: Get an in-depth look at the most common surgical procedures for 26 of the most common cancer types, as well as paediatrics. Gain a deeper insight into acute and chronic side-effects and contraindications of surgical procedures, cancer staging, genetics, and the human biome/immune system.
MODULE 2: Learn about risk factors for breast cancer, recommended surgeries, treatment, and reconstruction as well as side-effects/complications, and lymphedema prevention and management.
MODULE 3: Learn how to conduct a postural assessment, goniometric measurements, and several other testing methods. Learn how to use manual stretching techniques to help with muscle imbalances and range of motion limitations and strengthen the core while working on proprioception and balance with the BOSU® Balance Trainer.
MODULE 4: Gain critical knowledge about how a properly prescribed and executed exercise program can help cancer patients and survivors to combat fatigue, decrease depression and pain, and how diet can play a critical role in treatment as well as long-term survivorship.
Following your video-based sessions and power point presentations, there will be a 125-question exam. Home-study participants will have 180 days to complete the coursework in its entirety.
The Cancer Exercise Training Institute prides itself on providing you with the most current oncology exercise training in the world.
Newly updated for the 2021, 13th Edition of the Cancer Exercise Specialist® Advanced Qualification:
- 4 full color handbook modules with updated charts and new photographs
- Full color CES Yoga handbook with updated photographs
- 2020 updates on treatment, surgical procedures, and global statistics
- CES mentorship program
- 5 Stages of grief
- What to say to a friend or loved one
- Being a Caregiver
- Important things to consider – exercise programming
- The role of a CES in palliative care
- Mindful breathing
- Nervous system side-effects
- 21 cancer surgery videos
- Breath as medicine video
- 7 assessment videos
- Postural assessment
- Goniometric measurements
- 30-sec. sit-to-stand
- Squat test
- Piriformis assessment & training
- Knee to wall test
- Shoulder complex flexion restriction
Become an industry leader…learn to create safe and effective exercise programming for improving health and vitality.
- Help clients recover from chronic diseases or illness
- Help clients prevent disease or future illness
- Help clients keep their independence as they age
- Train clients for them to live long, functional lives.
Investing in Advanced Specialist Certifications in the field of medical fitness exercise will distinguish you from your peers. Training people who are compromised with illness requires deep knowledge and skillsets. Taking the proper courses offers an opportunity for you to gain the knowledge and skillset to best support your compromised clients on their journey toward good health and fitness.