There is not another certification in the fitness industry that utilizes the Functional Aging Training Model!
This program is right for you if:
- You are you interested in working with a growing population
- You want to be the go-to expert on training mature-adults
- You would like to bring meaningful and long-lasting change to your clients overall health and well-being, with a total mind/body approach
When You Enroll to Become a Functional Aging Specialist You Will Learn:
- How to properly assess the functional abilities of older clients
- The effects of the aging process and which aspects are modifiable through exercise
- Functional concepts that are critical to exercise program design
- Functional training strategies and techniques that can be applied in any type of exercise environment
- Functional exercises for a wide variety of older clients
- How to design a safe and effective functional exercise program for low, moderate and high-functioning clients
- Balance-specific assessments and training strategies to improve balance and reduce fall risk
- To better understand the priorities and goals of this population
- How to leverage the use of 1-1, small group and large group settings to improve function, client satisfaction and your bottom line
This will be the credential of choice for years to come for those specializing in the 50+ market.
What Can this Certification Do for You?
Given the large number of adults over the age of 50 you are probably already training clients in this demographic.
- Do you sometimes find yourself wondering if you might break (hurt) an older client?
- Are you concerned about taking on that really old client who isn’t in very good health because you might just kill them?
- Do you second guess yourself, wondering if you are providing the most effective training program to help them improve their health and function safely?
If you don’t have these kinds of questions then you aren’t being honest with yourself. We all have those same kinds of questions even when we’ve been training for over 15 years. It is necessary because it keeps us diligent and on our toes with an eye towards safety. This course will improve your skill in designing and implementing effective programs and will significantly boost your confidence in taking on even difficult clients.
Learn More About the Functional Aging Institute
The Functional Aging Institute was founded in 2013 by leading experts Dr. Dan Ritchie and Dr. Cody Sipe. For over twenty years, Dan and Cody have been at the forefront of developing innovative, effective, evidence-based training programs for older clients. They have shared their unique philosophies, techniques, and insights with tens of thousands of trainers around the world for fifteen years.
Before Dan and Cody established FAI, they reviewed almost every senior fitness certification, education, and training program on the market. They did not find one that met their high standards, so they created three high quality certifications that would help fitness professionals be more successful with the fastest-growing client base in the world – adults 55 and over.
Statistics show that one personal trainer affects 1000 lives over the course of her career. FAI’s goal of certifying and educating 10,000 fitness professionals can ultimately impact 10 million lives. Dan and Cody have surrounded themselves with leading experts and educational partners to ensure that fitness professionals around the globe can have access to the latest knowledge and cutting-edge research in one place, the Functional Aging Institute.