FAI-CETI-MFN Special Combo Offer Includes
- FAI Functional Aging Specialist Certification ($399 Value)
- Cancer Exercise Specialist® Advanced Qualification ($549 Value)
- 2 Year CETI Directory Listing ($269 Value)
- Total Value $1,217
SPECIAL COMBO OFFER: $849
You’ll receive Specialist Training from the industry leaders who have created these gold standard training programs: Andrea Leonard, President of the Cancer Exercise Training Institute, and Dr. Dan Ritchie, Co-Founder of the Functional Aging Institute.
Cancer Exercise Specialist® Advanced Qualification
The Cancer Exercise Specialist® Advanced Qualification was developed for health and fitness professionals seeking to attain a higher level of mastery and work with cancer patients during and after cancer surgery and treatment and into survivorship. Participants will gain a complete understanding of the entire cancer process from diagnosis and treatment to reconstruction and survivorship. Our unique and individualized programming will help to improve the patient’s ability to cope with the mental and physical stress following cancer diagnosis and treatment.
The comprehensive programming covers 26 types of cancer, as well as pediatrics, with special emphasis on breast cancer and breast reconstruction. We provide two methods for obtaining your Advanced Qualification: home study and live workshops. The Cancer Exercise Training Institute has trained more health and fitness professionals worldwide to become Cancer Exercise Specialists™ than any other organization.
The coursework is founded on collaboration with the chiefs of breast surgery at Georgetown, George Washington, and Johns’ Hopkins University Hospital Medical Centers, and developed by Andrea Leonard, 35-year cancer survivor, PFP 2019 Personal Trainer of the Year, author of “Essential Exercises for Breast Cancer Survivors,” ACE Certified Personal Trainer, NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist and Performance Enhancement Specialist, and President/Founder of the Cancer Exercise Training Institute.
Coursework research began in 1995 and is now in the 12th edition with updated research added annually.
The work of the Cancer Exercise Training Institute, Andrea Leonard and collaborating medical experts has truly been pioneering in the field of cancer and exercise and has paved the way for many other organizations to follow.
How does the Cancer Exercise Specialist™ Advanced Qualification Workshops and home study differ from other available cancer exercise training programs?
* We are the ONLY organization that emphasizes INDIVIDUALIZED programming. No two cancer patients are the same and their exercise program should be as individual as they are
* Invaluable training and experience in assessment protocol, including goniometry to measure joint ROM, postural assessments and girth measurements to monitor for lymphedema.
* Ability to ask questions and have them answered in person, through email, phone, and blog.
* Workshop/Webinar attendees receive 2-days of specialized training along with the Four-module Cancer Exercise Specialist Handbook
* Home study participants will gain access to four online handbooks and four online video modules. Hard-copy handbooks may be ordered for an additional charge.
* Open-book online examination to be taken at home within 90 days of the workshop/webinar or within 180 days of purchase of home study. We believe that the open-book nature of this examination simulates real life situations more closely than anxiety ridden, proctored, examination hall examinations.
* We offer professional development and continuing education as well as a video library for CETI Cancer Exercise Specialists exclusively.
This course is approved for the following CECs/CEUs:
|ACSM 20.0||AFAA 15.0|
|CPTN 14.0||PTA Global 1.9|
|ISSA 22.0||NASM 1.9|
|NFPT 2.0||NSCA 1.7|
|ACE 1.7||Yoga Alliance 22 (non-contact hours)|
Functional Aging Specialist (FAS)
You do not need to be a Certified Personal Trainer from another organization to take this course. Whether you have been in the industry for years, or this is your first certification, this Specialist will prepare you to be the local go-to expert on training mature clients. There is not another certification in the fitness industry that utilizes the Functional Aging Training Model for how to approach training for the mature population. This will be the credential of choice for years to come for those specializing in the 50+ market.
This program consists of three lessons with fourteen modules/topics. There is a quiz after each lesson to complete. Some of the lessons contain manuals, some videos, and some both manuals and videos. Each lesson has the included topics listed below it.
In each module you can view and download all manuals and videos for the module. Videos can be downloaded or can be viewed in the browser on most devices.
After you have gone over all of the lesson topics you should prepare to take the quiz for that lesson. Each quiz has 30-40 questions on the topics from that lesson. You will have three attempts to pass the exam, a score of 80% or higher passes. You must pass the quiz before moving onto the next lesson. Once the test is complete you can view your questions and see how you did. You can then restart the test or click on “My Profile” to access your course list.
Important Notice: Current CPR or Basic Life Support training certification is required in order to earn the FA Specialist Certification. You will need to verify that your certification is current, what agency the certification is through, and when it expires.
The Functional Aging Specialist Certification has been approved for 1.0 CEU’s from ACE, 1.0 CEC from NFPT, and 10 CEU’s from AFAA and ACSM.
NSFA 10 CECs