Are you interested in knowing more about healthy foods that nourish your body?
Are you interested in learning the fundamental principles of Natural Nutrition to support your health and the health of your loved ones?
Are you looking for a nutrition program that teaches a holistic mind/body approach to health?
Do you dream of owning a wellness-based business that achieves long-lasting results for your clients and brings you financial abundance?
Whether you’re interested in nutrition for personal health reasons or you’re thinking about starting a career in nutrition consulting, the Natural Nutrition Essentials Certificate program is a great place to begin!
This 35-hour introductory program is completed online and includes textbook learning, videos, assignments, activities, and quizzes to help you apply the transformational knowledge you are learning. Use this knowledge to further your personal quest for optimal health and wellness, or to incorporate basic nutrition consulting into your existing fitness, health, or wellness practice.
The Natural Nutrition Essentials Certificate Program is comprised of the first 3 courses of the Natural Nutrition Coach Certificate Program. Students are introduced to the principles of Natural Nutrition, Digestion, and Menu planning, and gain insight into the various roles performed by a Natural Nutrition Coach. These 3 foundational courses will set you on a path of eating healthier, while you discover how food and specific nutrients and food-based ingredients directly influence your health. As well, we introduce the Holistic Nutrition Hub and assessment tools you can use right away. Students receive free access to the nutrition assessment forms and consulting tools available on the Holistic Nutrition Hub, saving you time and helping easily manage all aspects of working with clients.
This program teaches you:
- The principles and philosophy of natural nutrition, and the health risks associated with a modern, processed food diet.
- The basic science of the macronutrients, how and why they are important, and optimal food choices of each.
- How blood glucose problems arise and how to manage blood glucose with specific dietary and lifestyle interventions.
- The process of digestion from start to finish!
- Digestive issues can occur in the stomach and intestines, from heartburn to leaky gut syndrome.
- How to recognize imbalances in the digestive system and protocols that may help achieve balance.
- How the gut influences digestion, immunity, mood, and mental health.
- The psycho-spiritual meaning of digestive problems.
- How to read and interpret food labels and understand portion sizes.
- The benefits of eating seasonal, organic, non-GMO food.
- Food additives and their effect on health.
- The functions, deficiency symptoms, guidelines, and clinical applications for each vitamin, mineral, and trace mineral, as well as guidelines for purchasing high-quality dietary supplements.
- How to organize a natural foods kitchen and healthy cooking practices.
- Menu planning for yourself and for people with unique nutritional needs and specialty diets.
- How to start the consulting & coaching process with the Holistic Nutrition Hub Consulting platform
- Many tools and resources to help you along the way… and so much more!
The Natural Nutrition Essentials Certificate Program Includes 3 Foundational Courses:
Foundations in Natural Nutrition
NNC Course Code: Nutrition 1.1
Foundations in Natural Nutrition provides a framework for the study of nutrition and is an introduction to the principles of a natural food diet as they relate to health and well-being. The macronutrients (carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids) and micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) are explored in detail: their functions, metabolism, absorption, deficiency symptoms, and association with health and disease. Other naturally occurring compounds in plants and animals that may have beneficial effects on human health are examined, including phytochemicals, zoochemicals, and adaptogens, as well as anti-nutrients (including phytates, oxalates, and tannins), and the importance of water. The course also introduces various assessment tools you can use to streamline your nutrition consulting practice.
The Foundations in Natural Nutrition course includes videos, assignments, quizzes and 5 downloadable texts. For a sample flipbook preview, click on the images below.
Digestive Health and the Microbiome
NNC Course Code: Nutrition 1.3
Digestion is the cornerstone of health and should be a primary focus of Nutrition Coaching!
Digestion is a natural function that should be easy and uncomplicated, yet the vast majority of people suffer from digestive ailments. Some symptoms, like heartburn and gas, are clear signals of imbalance, but the digestive system is also the source of many health problems seemingly unrelated to digestion. For example, poor nutrient absorption could be a result of damage to the gut lining and because the gut is home to the largest immune network in the body, compromised immunity often originates there. The gut also has an important influence on mood and mental health.
Digestive Health and the Microbiome explores every aspect of the digestive system and provides a road map for addressing issues stemming from it.
Meal Planning for Your Clients
NNC Course Code: Nutrition 1.5
This course teaches practical meal planning and menu design to prepare you to work with (and offer additional services to) clients. You will learn how to apply natural nutrition principles to create a menu that maximizes nutrients and incorporates individual health needs and tastes, while also considering time and budget restraints.
Topics covered in this course include healthy food preparation and practices (including soaking, sprouting, and fermentation), grocery shopping, portion sizes, mindful eating, and meal/menu planning for shift workers. Learn how to guide your clients to decipher food labels and labeling terms, recognize food additives, and understand the benefits of eating local, seasonal, organic, and non-GMO foods. You will also learn how to overcome barriers to healthy eating: time limitations, feeding picky eaters, eating outside the home and at work, healthy snacking, and breaking unhealthy eating habits.
The HUB Tools
With the Natural Nutrition Essentials Certificate program, you receive a 6-month free trial with access to all the consulting tools, resources, and assessments that you will need to run a business is included.
Some of the benefits included in the Holistic Nutrition Hub lessons include:
- Recipe Builder
- Weekly Meal Planner
- Vitamin and Mineral Deficiency Assessment
- Nutrient Recommendation Tool
- Macronutrient Calculator
- Food, Mood, and Symptom Journal
- Client Recommendation Tool
- And more!
- In-depth walkthroughs on how to relevant forms and assessments with clients
- Access to webinar series that will help you start and create your ideal business
- Professional, brandable documents that can be sent to your clients online saving you time and creating a seamless process with clients